Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Station building at Aviemore (formerly at Dalnaspidal)
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_139_AT
PLACENAME
Aviemore
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
DATE OF IMAGE
2009
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Andrew Taylor
SOURCE
Andrew Taylor
ASSET ID
26872
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway Society
Station building at Aviemore (formerly at Dalnaspidal)

This photograph shows Dalnaspidal Station building, originally at Dalnaspidal, near the summit at Drumochter on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The station building was later moved to Aviemore by the Strathspey Railway where it was used at the original terminus north of the main line station. Today, the buuilding lies derelict.

Dalnaspidal was opened c1864, the line through the station having been opened on 1 September 1863. It remained open, served by a limited number of passenger trains, until 3 May 1865. Goods services were withdrawn 27 January 1964. The line through the station remains open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Station building at Aviemore (formerly at Dalnaspidal)

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

2000s

; Highland Railway Society;

Andrew Taylor

This photograph shows Dalnaspidal Station building, originally at Dalnaspidal, near the summit at Drumochter on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The station building was later moved to Aviemore by the Strathspey Railway where it was used at the original terminus north of the main line station. Today, the buuilding lies derelict.<br /> <br /> Dalnaspidal was opened c1864, the line through the station having been opened on 1 September 1863. It remained open, served by a limited number of passenger trains, until 3 May 1865. Goods services were withdrawn 27 January 1964. The line through the station remains open.