Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
A Railtour Special at Avoch, June 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_143
PLACENAME
Avoch
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Avoch
DATE OF IMAGE
14 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26875
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HRS
A Railtour Special at Avoch, June 1960

This is a view of Avoch Station with a Railtour special at the platform. The photograph was taken on 14 June 1960, the day after the line was officially closed.

Avoch was a stop on the Black Isle Branch of the Highland Railway which opened in February 1894. The line closed to passenger services in October 1951 and to goods services in June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

A Railtour Special at Avoch, June 1960

ROSS: Avoch

1960s

railway stations; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This is a view of Avoch Station with a Railtour special at the platform. The photograph was taken on 14 June 1960, the day after the line was officially closed.<br /> <br /> Avoch was a stop on the Black Isle Branch of the Highland Railway which opened in February 1894. The line closed to passenger services in October 1951 and to goods services in June 1960.