Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
BR 55144 & 54485 on trains at Ballinluig, July 1951
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_161
PLACENAME
Ballinluig
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Logierait
DATE OF IMAGE
10 July 1951
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26892
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HRS
BR 55144 & 54485 on trains at Ballinluig, July 1951

This photograph shows two trains at Aberfeldy. On the left of the picture is BR 55144 with a train on the Aberfeldy branch. This ex-Caledonian Railway 19 class locomotive was built in 1900. Originally numbered CR 886 it became LMS 15144 after the grouping and continued in service until August 1952. On the right of the picture is 54485, another ex- Caledonian loco. This 4-4-0 engine was part of the Caledonian's 72 class. Originally numbered CR 80 it became LMS 14485 after the grouping and continued in service until October 1961

Ballinluig was a stop on the main line of the Highland Railway. The station opened in June 1863 and was closed in 1965.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

BR 55144 & 54485 on trains at Ballinluig, July 1951

PERTH: Logierait

1950s

railway stations; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows two trains at Aberfeldy. On the left of the picture is BR 55144 with a train on the Aberfeldy branch. This ex-Caledonian Railway 19 class locomotive was built in 1900. Originally numbered CR 886 it became LMS 15144 after the grouping and continued in service until August 1952. On the right of the picture is 54485, another ex- Caledonian loco. This 4-4-0 engine was part of the Caledonian's 72 class. Originally numbered CR 80 it became LMS 14485 after the grouping and continued in service until October 1961<br /> <br /> Ballinluig was a stop on the main line of the Highland Railway. The station opened in June 1863 and was closed in 1965.