Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Blair Atholl Station with HR 72 'Grange' entering on an up train, c1900
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_175
PLACENAME
Blair Atholl
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Blair Atholl
DATE OF IMAGE
1900
PERIOD
1900s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26906
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
Blair Atholl Station with HR 72 'Grange' entering on an up train, c1900

A view of Blair Atholl Station with HR 72 'Grange' entering on an up train, c1900.

Completed in July 1884 as one of the 10 Duke Class 4-4-0 locomotives, 'Grange' had originally been named 'Bruce'. It was renamed 'Grange' in 1886 and renumbered 72A in July 1913. It was eventually withdrawn from service and sold in 1923.

Blair Atholl Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863. For the first few years of its existence the name was spelt Blair Athole. It closed to goods services in November 1966 but is still a station stop for regular passenger services.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Blair Atholl Station with HR 72 'Grange' entering on an up train, c1900

PERTH: Blair Atholl

1900s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Blair Atholl Station with HR 72 'Grange' entering on an up train, c1900.<br /> <br /> Completed in July 1884 as one of the 10 Duke Class 4-4-0 locomotives, 'Grange' had originally been named 'Bruce'. It was renamed 'Grange' in 1886 and renumbered 72A in July 1913. It was eventually withdrawn from service and sold in 1923.<br /> <br /> Blair Atholl Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863. For the first few years of its existence the name was spelt Blair Athole. It closed to goods services in November 1966 but is still a station stop for regular passenger services.