Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 14684 'Duncraig Castle' at Blair Atholl
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_179
PLACENAME
Blair Atholl
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Blair Atholl
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26908
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
LMS 14684 'Duncraig Castle' at Blair Atholl

This photograph shows LMS 14684 'Duncraig Castle' on as down train beside the signal box at Blair Atholl. A tablet (token) is being exchanged to allow the train to enter the next section of track.

'Duncraig Castle' was part of the second batch of the Highland Railway's Castle class of 4-6-0 locomotives. It was built by Dübs of Glasgow in July 1902 and was originally numbered 149. It was withdrawn from service in January 1940.

Blair Atholl Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863. For the first few years of its existence the name was spelt Blair Athole. It closed to goods services in November 1966 but is still a station stop for regular passenger services.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 14684 'Duncraig Castle' at Blair Atholl

PERTH: Blair Atholl

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows LMS 14684 'Duncraig Castle' on as down train beside the signal box at Blair Atholl. A tablet (token) is being exchanged to allow the train to enter the next section of track.<br /> <br /> 'Duncraig Castle' was part of the second batch of the Highland Railway's Castle class of 4-6-0 locomotives. It was built by Dübs of Glasgow in July 1902 and was originally numbered 149. It was withdrawn from service in January 1940.<br /> <br /> Blair Atholl Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863. For the first few years of its existence the name was spelt Blair Athole. It closed to goods services in November 1966 but is still a station stop for regular passenger services.