Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Four locomotives outside Blair Atholl shed, September 1954
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_196
PLACENAME
Blair Atholl
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Blair Atholl
DATE OF IMAGE
17 September 1954
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26920
KEYWORDS
railway stations
locomotives
Four locomotives outside Blair Atholl shed, September 1954

This photograph shows four locomotives outside Blair Atholl shed in September 1954. From left to right are 45357, 44960, 77009 and 54476. The first two of these were Black Fives. 77009 was a British Railways BR3/1 class 2-6-0 locomotive which had been introduced in 1954. 54476 was a 4-4-0 locomotive built for the Caledonian Railway in 1916 as one of their 713 and 918 Classes.

Blair Atholl Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863. For the first few years of its existence the name was spelt Blair Athole. It closed to goods services in November 1966 but is still a station stop for regular passenger services.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Four locomotives outside Blair Atholl shed, September 1954

PERTH: Blair Atholl

1950s

railway stations; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows four locomotives outside Blair Atholl shed in September 1954. From left to right are 45357, 44960, 77009 and 54476. The first two of these were Black Fives. 77009 was a British Railways BR3/1 class 2-6-0 locomotive which had been introduced in 1954. 54476 was a 4-4-0 locomotive built for the Caledonian Railway in 1916 as one of their 713 and 918 Classes.<br /> <br /> Blair Atholl Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863. For the first few years of its existence the name was spelt Blair Athole. It closed to goods services in November 1966 but is still a station stop for regular passenger services.