Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Rear views of three locomotives at Blair Atholl, August 1931
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_205
PLACENAME
Blair Atholl
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Blair Atholl
DATE OF IMAGE
August 1931
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26927
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Highland Railway Society
HRS
locomotives
Rear views of three locomotives at Blair Atholl, August 1931

his photograph shows the rear views of three locomotives (from left to right, LMS 15306, 15307 and 15304) in the yard at Blair Atholl in August 1931.

All the locomotives were 0-6-4 tank engines built for the Highland Railway between 1910 and 1912. Their original numbers were, respectively, HR 42, 44 and 43. All were built by the North British Locomotive Co in Glasgow.

Blair Atholl Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863. For the first few years of its existence the name was spelt Blair Athole. It closed to goods services in November 1966 but is still a station stop for regular passenger services.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Rear views of three locomotives at Blair Atholl, August 1931

PERTH: Blair Atholl

1930s

railway stations; Highland Railway Society; HRS; locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

his photograph shows the rear views of three locomotives (from left to right, LMS 15306, 15307 and 15304) in the yard at Blair Atholl in August 1931.<br /> <br /> All the locomotives were 0-6-4 tank engines built for the Highland Railway between 1910 and 1912. Their original numbers were, respectively, HR 42, 44 and 43. All were built by the North British Locomotive Co in Glasgow.<br /> <br /> Blair Atholl Station, on the main Perth to Inverness line, was opened in September 1863. For the first few years of its existence the name was spelt Blair Athole. It closed to goods services in November 1966 but is still a station stop for regular passenger services.