Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Boat of Garten station, looking north from the up platform
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_216
PLACENAME
Boat of Garten
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26935
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Boat of Garten station, looking north from the up platform

This is a view of Boat of Garten station, looking north from the up platform.

The station was originally a junction between the Highland Railway's main line from Perth to Forres and the Great North of Scotland Railway's branch to Craigellachie. It opened in August 1863 and was closed in 1965. However, the stretch of line between Aviemore and Boat of Garten was reopened by the preservation railway, the Strathspey Railway, which began running trains in 1978. There are two passenger platforms and the yard stores the majority of the Strathspey Railway's rolling stock.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Boat of Garten station, looking north from the up platform

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This is a view of Boat of Garten station, looking north from the up platform.<br /> <br /> The station was originally a junction between the Highland Railway's main line from Perth to Forres and the Great North of Scotland Railway's branch to Craigellachie. It opened in August 1863 and was closed in 1965. However, the stretch of line between Aviemore and Boat of Garten was reopened by the preservation railway, the Strathspey Railway, which began running trains in 1978. There are two passenger platforms and the yard stores the majority of the Strathspey Railway's rolling stock.