Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Bower Station from the rear of a train.
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_235
PLACENAME
Bower
DISTRICT
Caithness - Central
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Bower
DATE OF IMAGE
1963
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
Stations UK 23/7
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26953
KEYWORDS
Far north line
Highland Railway
Bower Station from the rear of a train.

This photograph shows the wayside station at Bower, between Georgemas Junction and Wick. The photographer is looking towards Wick.

The station was opened on 28 July 1874 and closed to passengers on 13 June 1960. Goods services remained until 18 May 1964. This photograph was taken in the 1960s. At one time there was a small signal box at the near end of the station building.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Bower Station from the rear of a train.

CAITHNESS: Bower

1960s

Far north line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the wayside station at Bower, between Georgemas Junction and Wick. The photographer is looking towards Wick. <br /> <br /> The station was opened on 28 July 1874 and closed to passengers on 13 June 1960. Goods services remained until 18 May 1964. This photograph was taken in the 1960s. At one time there was a small signal box at the near end of the station building.