Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Brodie Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_239
PLACENAME
Brodie
DISTRICT
Forres
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
1975
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
Stations UK 37828
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26957
KEYWORDS
Keith line
Highland Railway
Brodie Station

This photograph shows Brodie Station on the railway line between Nairn and Forres in 1975. The photographer is looking east.

The station was opened on 22 December 1857 by the Inverness & Aberdeen Junction Railway and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and to goods on 28 December 1964. The station was located close to the main A96 road. The level crossing in the foreground carried the minor road to Brodie Castle. The station building is typical of those built by the Inverness & Aberdeen Junction Railway. It is shown here in private ownership.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Brodie Station

MORAYSHIRE

1970s

Keith line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Brodie Station on the railway line between Nairn and Forres in 1975. The photographer is looking east. <br /> <br /> The station was opened on 22 December 1857 by the Inverness & Aberdeen Junction Railway and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and to goods on 28 December 1964. The station was located close to the main A96 road. The level crossing in the foreground carried the minor road to Brodie Castle. The station building is typical of those built by the Inverness & Aberdeen Junction Railway. It is shown here in private ownership.