Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Brora Station Goods Shed
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_249
PLACENAME
Brora
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Clyne
DATE OF IMAGE
May 1991
PERIOD
1990s
CREATOR
Simon de Souza
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26967
KEYWORDS
Far north line
Highland Railway
Brora Station Goods Shed

This photograph shows the south and east sides of the goods shed at Brora station, on the railway line to Wick and Thurso. This is a listed building.

Brora was opened for passenger services on 1 November 1870 as part of the Duke of Sutherland's Railway. Goods services commenced not long after and were withdrawn in January 1984. The station is served by passenger trains to Wick.

The goods shed was built by the Highland Railway to a standard design.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Brora Station Goods Shed

SUTHERLAND: Clyne

1990s

Far north line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the south and east sides of the goods shed at Brora station, on the railway line to Wick and Thurso. This is a listed building. <br /> <br /> Brora was opened for passenger services on 1 November 1870 as part of the Duke of Sutherland's Railway. Goods services commenced not long after and were withdrawn in January 1984. The station is served by passenger trains to Wick. <br /> <br /> The goods shed was built by the Highland Railway to a standard design.