Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Bunchrew Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_260
PLACENAME
Bunchrew
DISTRICT
Aird
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kirkhill
PERIOD
c1930s
CREATOR
A G Ellis
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26978
KEYWORDS
Far north line
Highland Railway
Bunchrew Station

This photograph shows Bunchrew station, between Inverness and Beauly on the north line. The photographer is looking north.

Bunchrew station was opened on 11 June 1862 along with the line from Inverness to Dingwall by the Inverness & Ross-shire Railway. It was closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and goods on 27 January 1964. The station building on the right remains in use as a private dwelling and the level crossing is extant, but otherwise there is now just a single track at this location.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Bunchrew Station

INVERNESS: Kirkhill

c1930s

Far north line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Bunchrew station, between Inverness and Beauly on the north line. The photographer is looking north. <br /> <br /> Bunchrew station was opened on 11 June 1862 along with the line from Inverness to Dingwall by the Inverness & Ross-shire Railway. It was closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and goods on 27 January 1964. The station building on the right remains in use as a private dwelling and the level crossing is extant, but otherwise there is now just a single track at this location.