Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Carrbridge Station, looking north
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_287
PLACENAME
Carrbridge
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
CREATOR
A G Ellis
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27005
KEYWORDS
Main line
Highland Railway
Carrbridge Station, looking north

This photograph shows Carrbridge station on the line from Aviemore to Inverness, looking south. The main building is on the left.

Carrbridge was opened with a shuttle service from Aviemore on 8 July 1892. Services were extended to Daviot on 19 July 1897 and the through service introduced to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger trains still call at the station but goods facilities were withdrawn on 27 February 1967.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Carrbridge Station, looking north

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

Main line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Carrbridge station on the line from Aviemore to Inverness, looking south. The main building is on the left. <br /> <br /> Carrbridge was opened with a shuttle service from Aviemore on 8 July 1892. Services were extended to Daviot on 19 July 1897 and the through service introduced to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger trains still call at the station but goods facilities were withdrawn on 27 February 1967.