Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dulnain Bridge, Carrbridge
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_288
PLACENAME
Carrbridge
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
PERIOD
1930s; 1940s; 1950s
CREATOR
K Nunn
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27006
KEYWORDS
Main line
Highland Railway
Dulnain Bridge, Carrbridge

This photograph shows the bridge over the River Dulnain just north of Carrbridge station, on the line from Aviemore to Inverness.

Carrbridge was opened with a shuttle service from Aviemore on 8 July 1892. Services were extended to Daviot on 19 July 1897 and the through service introduced to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger trains still call at the station but goods facilities were withdrawn on 27 February 1967.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dulnain Bridge, Carrbridge

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

1930s; 1940s; 1950s

Main line; Highland Railway;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the bridge over the River Dulnain just north of Carrbridge station, on the line from Aviemore to Inverness.<br /> <br /> Carrbridge was opened with a shuttle service from Aviemore on 8 July 1892. Services were extended to Daviot on 19 July 1897 and the through service introduced to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger trains still call at the station but goods facilities were withdrawn on 27 February 1967.