Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Carrbridge Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_292
PLACENAME
Carrbridge
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
DATE OF IMAGE
1960
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
Stations UK
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27010
KEYWORDS
Main line
Highland Railway
Carrbridge Station

This photograph shows Carrbridge Station, on the line from Aviemore to Inverness, from the rear of a southbound train.

Carrbridge was opened with a shuttle service from Aviemore on 8 July 1892. Services were extended to Daviot on 19 July 1897 and the through service introduced to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger trains still call at the station but goods facilities were withdrawn on 27 February 1967.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Carrbridge Station

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

1960s

Main line; Highland Railway;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Carrbridge Station, on the line from Aviemore to Inverness, from the rear of a southbound train. <br /> <br /> Carrbridge was opened with a shuttle service from Aviemore on 8 July 1892. Services were extended to Daviot on 19 July 1897 and the through service introduced to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger trains still call at the station but goods facilities were withdrawn on 27 February 1967.