Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dalnaspidal Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_346
PLACENAME
Dalnaspidal
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Blair Atholl
DATE OF IMAGE
28 June 1975
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
N D Mundy
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27062
KEYWORDS
Druimuachter
Main line
Highland Railway
Dalnaspidal Station

This photograph shows Dalnaspidal station, near the summit at Drumochter on the main line between Perth and Inverness after it had been closed. The photographer is looking towards Inverness.

Dalnaspidal was opened c1864, the line through the station having been opened on 1 September 1863. It remained open, served by a limited number of passenger trains, until 3 May 1965. Goods services were withdrawn 27 January 1964. The line through the station remains open.

The station building was later moved to Aviemore by the Strathspey Railway where it was used at the original terminus north of the main line station.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dalnaspidal Station

PERTH: Blair Atholl

1970s

Druimuachter; Main line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Dalnaspidal station, near the summit at Drumochter on the main line between Perth and Inverness after it had been closed. The photographer is looking towards Inverness. <br /> <br /> Dalnaspidal was opened c1864, the line through the station having been opened on 1 September 1863. It remained open, served by a limited number of passenger trains, until 3 May 1965. Goods services were withdrawn 27 January 1964. The line through the station remains open.<br /> <br /> The station building was later moved to Aviemore by the Strathspey Railway where it was used at the original terminus north of the main line station.