Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dalwhinnie station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_351
PLACENAME
Dalwhinnie
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Laggan
DATE OF IMAGE
1960
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
David Lawrence
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27067
KEYWORDS
Druimuachter
Main line
Highland Railway
Dalwhinnie station

This photograph shows Dalwhinnie station, north of the summit at Drumochter on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The photographer is looking towards Inverness. A southbound goods train hauled by Black 5 has been shunted into the siding to enable a passenger train to overtake. .

Dalwhinnie was opened on 9 September 1863. It remains open for passenger trains. Goods services were withdrawn 27 February 1967.

The train is hauled a Stanier Black 5 locomotive. These were introduced in the mid-1930s and remained in use until diesels took over in 1960-61.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dalwhinnie station

INVERNESS: Laggan

1960s

Druimuachter; Main line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Dalwhinnie station, north of the summit at Drumochter on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The photographer is looking towards Inverness. A southbound goods train hauled by Black 5 has been shunted into the siding to enable a passenger train to overtake. . <br /> <br /> Dalwhinnie was opened on 9 September 1863. It remains open for passenger trains. Goods services were withdrawn 27 February 1967.<br /> <br /> The train is hauled a Stanier Black 5 locomotive. These were introduced in the mid-1930s and remained in use until diesels took over in 1960-61.