Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dalwhinnie Station, 1880s
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_355
PLACENAME
Dalwhinnie
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Laggan
DATE OF IMAGE
1880
PERIOD
1880s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27071
KEYWORDS
Druimuachter
Main line
Highland Railway
Dalwhinnie Station, 1880s

This photograph shows Dalwhinnie station, north of the summit at Drumochter on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The photographer is looking towards Perth. An early 2-4-0 locomotive, complete with snow plough, sits on the up line. The double arm signal on the right was replaced about 1890 by separate signals for each direction placed at each end of the station.

Dalwhinnie was opened on 9 September 1863. It remains open for passenger trains. Goods services were withdrawn 27 February 1967.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dalwhinnie Station, 1880s

INVERNESS: Laggan

1880s

Druimuachter; Main line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Dalwhinnie station, north of the summit at Drumochter on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The photographer is looking towards Perth. An early 2-4-0 locomotive, complete with snow plough, sits on the up line. The double arm signal on the right was replaced about 1890 by separate signals for each direction placed at each end of the station. <br /> <br /> Dalwhinnie was opened on 9 September 1863. It remains open for passenger trains. Goods services were withdrawn 27 February 1967.