Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dava Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_358
PLACENAME
Dava
DISTRICT
Cromdale
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
DATE OF IMAGE
August 1965
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
Norris Forrest
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27074
KEYWORDS
Main line
Highland Railway
Dava Station

This photograph shows Dava station, on the line between Aviemore and Forres. The photographer is looking north.

Dava was opened on 1 November 1864 on the original main line which had been opened on 2 august 1863. It was closed to goods services on 27 January 1964 and passenger services on 16 October 1965, when the line was closed. The main reason for the station was to provide a passing place for trains as few people lived in the vicinity.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dava Station

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

1960s

Main line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Dava station, on the line between Aviemore and Forres. The photographer is looking north.<br /> <br /> Dava was opened on 1 November 1864 on the original main line which had been opened on 2 august 1863. It was closed to goods services on 27 January 1964 and passenger services on 16 October 1965, when the line was closed. The main reason for the station was to provide a passing place for trains as few people lived in the vicinity.