Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Daviot Station remains
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_361
PLACENAME
Daviot
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Daviot and Dunlichity
DATE OF IMAGE
26 June 1975
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
N D Mundy
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27077
KEYWORDS
Main line
Highland Railway
Daviot Station remains

This photograph shows Daviot station on the line between Aviemore and Inverness after the station had closed and the passing loop had been removed. The photographer is looking north.

Daviot was opened on 19 July 1897, when the section from Carrbridge to Daviot was opened. Services were extended through to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger services were withdrawn on 3 May 1965 and goods services on 7 September 1964. The line through the station remains open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Daviot Station remains

INVERNESS: Daviot and Dunlichity

1970s

Main line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Daviot station on the line between Aviemore and Inverness after the station had closed and the passing loop had been removed. The photographer is looking north. <br /> <br /> Daviot was opened on 19 July 1897, when the section from Carrbridge to Daviot was opened. Services were extended through to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger services were withdrawn on 3 May 1965 and goods services on 7 September 1964. The line through the station remains open.