Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Daviot Station Building
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_362
PLACENAME
Daviot
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Daviot and Dunlichity
DATE OF IMAGE
15 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
N D Mundy
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27078
KEYWORDS
Main line
Highland Railway
Daviot Station Building

This photograph shows the building at Daviot station on the line between Aviemore and Inverness. The photographer is travelling on a southbound train.

Daviot was opened on 19 July 1897, when the section from Carrbridge to Daviot was opened. Services were extended through to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger services were withdrawn on 3 May 1965 and goods services on 7 September 1964. The line through the station remains open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Daviot Station Building

INVERNESS: Daviot and Dunlichity

1960s

Main line; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the building at Daviot station on the line between Aviemore and Inverness. The photographer is travelling on a southbound train.<br /> <br /> Daviot was opened on 19 July 1897, when the section from Carrbridge to Daviot was opened. Services were extended through to Inverness on 1 November 1898. Passenger services were withdrawn on 3 May 1965 and goods services on 7 September 1964. The line through the station remains open.