Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dingwall Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_372
PLACENAME
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Dingwall
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27090
KEYWORDS
Far north line
Highland Railway
Stromeferry
Dingwall Station

This photograph shows a northbound train at Dingwall in the 1930s. It illustrates how much traffic was dealt with at the larger stations on the line. The train consists of a mixture of coaches, the one on the left being built by the Midland Railway.

The line from Inverness to Dingwall was opened on 11 June 1862. Services were extended northwards to Invergordon on 23 March 1863. On 9 August 1870, the station became a junction when the line to Strome Ferry was opened. The station remains open for passenger services, but goods services ceased in August 1983.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dingwall Station

ROSS: Dingwall

1920s

Far north line; Highland Railway; Stromeferry

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows a northbound train at Dingwall in the 1930s. It illustrates how much traffic was dealt with at the larger stations on the line. The train consists of a mixture of coaches, the one on the left being built by the Midland Railway. <br /> <br /> The line from Inverness to Dingwall was opened on 11 June 1862. Services were extended northwards to Invergordon on 23 March 1863. On 9 August 1870, the station became a junction when the line to Strome Ferry was opened. The station remains open for passenger services, but goods services ceased in August 1983.