Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dingwall Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_376
PLACENAME
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Dingwall
DATE OF IMAGE
25 May 1963
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
Stations UK
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27097
KEYWORDS
Far north line
Highland Railway
Stromeferry
Dingwall Station

This photograph shows Dingwall station from the north end. The refreshment room is on the far right, with the main building beyond. There are extensive sidings on the left, at the other side of the island platform.

The line from Inverness to Dingwall was opened on 11 June 1862. Services were extended northwards to Invergordon on 23 March 1863. On 9 August 1870, the station became a junction when the line to Strome Ferry was opened. The station remains open for passenger services, but goods services ceased in August 1983.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dingwall Station

ROSS: Dingwall

1960s

Far north line; Highland Railway; Stromeferry

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Dingwall station from the north end. The refreshment room is on the far right, with the main building beyond. There are extensive sidings on the left, at the other side of the island platform.<br /> <br /> The line from Inverness to Dingwall was opened on 11 June 1862. Services were extended northwards to Invergordon on 23 March 1863. On 9 August 1870, the station became a junction when the line to Strome Ferry was opened. The station remains open for passenger services, but goods services ceased in August 1983.