Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dingwall Station looking north
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_399
PLACENAME
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Dingwall
DATE OF IMAGE
June 2003
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Keith Fenwick
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27123
KEYWORDS
Far north line
Highland Railway
Stromeferry
Dingwall Station looking north

This photograph shows the north end of Dingwall station from the road bridge. The points at the north end of the loop can be seen, with the junction of the Kyle line beyond. Trees now cover the bay platform once used by Strathpeffer trains.

The line from Inverness to Dingwall was opened on 11 June 1862. Services were extended northwards to Invergordon on 23 March 1863. On 9 August 1870, the station became a junction when the line to Strome Ferry was opened. The station remains open for passenger services, but goods services ceased in August 1983.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dingwall Station looking north

ROSS: Dingwall

2000s

Far north line; Highland Railway; Stromeferry

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the north end of Dingwall station from the road bridge. The points at the north end of the loop can be seen, with the junction of the Kyle line beyond. Trees now cover the bay platform once used by Strathpeffer trains. <br /> <br /> The line from Inverness to Dingwall was opened on 11 June 1862. Services were extended northwards to Invergordon on 23 March 1863. On 9 August 1870, the station became a junction when the line to Strome Ferry was opened. The station remains open for passenger services, but goods services ceased in August 1983.