Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Water Tower at Dingwall
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_404
PLACENAME
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Dingwall
DATE OF IMAGE
June 2003
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Keith Fenwick
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27128
KEYWORDS
Far north line
Highland Railway
Stromeferry
Water Tower at Dingwall

This photograph shows the remains of the water tower at Dingwall station. It was to the east of the southbound platform, beside the road overbridge at the north end of the station.

The line from Inverness to Dingwall was opened on 11 June 1862. Services were extended northwards to Invergordon on 23 March 1863. On 9 August 1870, the station became a junction when the line to Strome Ferry was opened. The station remains open for passenger services, but goods services ceased in August 1983.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Water Tower at Dingwall

ROSS: Dingwall

2000s

Far north line; Highland Railway; Stromeferry

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the remains of the water tower at Dingwall station. It was to the east of the southbound platform, beside the road overbridge at the north end of the station. <br /> <br /> The line from Inverness to Dingwall was opened on 11 June 1862. Services were extended northwards to Invergordon on 23 March 1863. On 9 August 1870, the station became a junction when the line to Strome Ferry was opened. The station remains open for passenger services, but goods services ceased in August 1983.