Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Mixed train waiting to leave Dornoch station.
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_409
PLACENAME
Dornoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Dornoch
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27133
KEYWORDS
Dornoch branch
Highland Railway
Mixed train waiting to leave Dornoch station.

This photograph shows a train waiting to depart from Dornoch for The Mound, hauled by a BR Class 2 2-6-0. The train is a mixed one, consisting of a passenger coach, a wagon and a brake van.

Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.

The BR Class 2 2-6-0s were introduced in 1952 to work branch lines. They were used on the Dornoch branch for a short time in the late 1950s.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Mixed train waiting to leave Dornoch station.

SUTHERLAND: Dornoch

Dornoch branch; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows a train waiting to depart from Dornoch for The Mound, hauled by a BR Class 2 2-6-0. The train is a mixed one, consisting of a passenger coach, a wagon and a brake van. <br /> <br /> Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960. <br /> <br /> The BR Class 2 2-6-0s were introduced in 1952 to work branch lines. They were used on the Dornoch branch for a short time in the late 1950s.