Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dornoch Station Building
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_414
PLACENAME
Dornoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Dornoch
DATE OF IMAGE
23 June 1975
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
N D Mundy
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27138
KEYWORDS
Dornoch branch
Highland Railway
Dornoch Station Building

This photograph shows the building at Dornoch station. The platform is in the foreground. After the railway closed, the building was converted for commercial use, serving as a Curiosity Shop at this time.

Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dornoch Station Building

SUTHERLAND: Dornoch

1970s

Dornoch branch; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the building at Dornoch station. The platform is in the foreground. After the railway closed, the building was converted for commercial use, serving as a Curiosity Shop at this time. <br /> <br /> Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.