Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dornoch Station, looking to buffer stop.
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_415
PLACENAME
Dornoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Dornoch
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Stations UK
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27139
KEYWORDS
Dornoch branch
Highland Railway
Dornoch Station, looking to buffer stop.

This photograph shows the buildings and platform at Dornoch station. Spare carriages are stored in the siding to the left of the goods shed. The main building is left of centre, with the bookstall on the extreme left.

Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dornoch Station, looking to buffer stop.

SUTHERLAND: Dornoch

1930s

Dornoch branch; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the buildings and platform at Dornoch station. Spare carriages are stored in the siding to the left of the goods shed. The main building is left of centre, with the bookstall on the extreme left. <br /> <br /> Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.