Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dornoch Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_420
PLACENAME
Dornoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Dornoch
DATE OF IMAGE
11 September 1958
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
Harold D. Bowtell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27144
KEYWORDS
Dornoch branch
Highland Railway
Dornoch Station

This photograph shows the exterior of Dornoch station, from the adjacent road. The buffer stops are to the left.

Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dornoch Station

SUTHERLAND: Dornoch

1950s

Dornoch branch; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the exterior of Dornoch station, from the adjacent road. The buffer stops are to the left. <br /> <br /> Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.