Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dornoch Station with train for The Mound
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_422A
PLACENAME
Dornoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Dornoch
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1957
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
Rev J Parker
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27147
KEYWORDS
Dornoch branch
Highland Railway
Dornoch Station with train for The Mound

This photograph shows a train at Dornoch before departure for The Mound. It is hauled by a BR Class 2 2-6-0.

Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.

The BR Class 2 2-6-0s were introduced in 1952 to work branch lines. They were used on the Dornoch branch for a short time in the late 1950s.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dornoch Station with train for The Mound

SUTHERLAND: Dornoch

1950s

Dornoch branch; Highland Railway

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows a train at Dornoch before departure for The Mound. It is hauled by a BR Class 2 2-6-0.<br /> <br /> Dornoch was the terminus of a branch line from The Mound, opened as the Dornoch Light Railway on 2 June 1902. It was closed to all traffic on 13 June 1960.<br /> <br /> The BR Class 2 2-6-0s were introduced in 1952 to work branch lines. They were used on the Dornoch branch for a short time in the late 1950s.