Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Duirinish Station, rear of building
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_425
PLACENAME
Duirinish
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27149
KEYWORDS
Kyle line
Highland Railway
Stromeferry
Duirinish Station, rear of building

This photograph shows the rear of the building at Duirinish. It is typical of the smaller station buildings built in the 1890s, being constructed mainly of vertical planks of wood.

Duirinish is on the line to Kyle of Lochalsh which originally terminated at Strome Ferry. The extension to Kyle was opened on 2 November 1897 and remains open for passenger traffic. Goods services at Duirinish were withdrawn on 1 February 1954. During World War II, sidings were constructed here to assist with the working of the heavy traffic to and from Kyle of Lochalsh.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Duirinish Station, rear of building

ROSS: Lochalsh

1960s

Kyle line; Highland Railway; Stromeferry

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the rear of the building at Duirinish. It is typical of the smaller station buildings built in the 1890s, being constructed mainly of vertical planks of wood. <br /> <br /> Duirinish is on the line to Kyle of Lochalsh which originally terminated at Strome Ferry. The extension to Kyle was opened on 2 November 1897 and remains open for passenger traffic. Goods services at Duirinish were withdrawn on 1 February 1954. During World War II, sidings were constructed here to assist with the working of the heavy traffic to and from Kyle of Lochalsh.