Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Duncraig platform looking east
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_431
PLACENAME
Duncraig
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
CREATOR
Lens
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27155
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
overbridge
shelter
HRS
Duncraig platform looking east

A general view of Duncraig platform looking east.

Some 13 kilometres before the terminus on the Kyle of Lochalsh line, Duncraig Station was opened on 2 November 1897 as a private platform for Duncraig Castle. It was opened to the public on 23 May 1949 until it closed on 7 December 1964. It was reopened in 1976.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Duncraig platform looking east

ROSS: Lochalsh

Highland Railway; HR; railways; overbridge; shelter;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A general view of Duncraig platform looking east. <br /> <br /> Some 13 kilometres before the terminus on the Kyle of Lochalsh line, Duncraig Station was opened on 2 November 1897 as a private platform for Duncraig Castle. It was opened to the public on 23 May 1949 until it closed on 7 December 1964. It was reopened in 1976.