Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Duncraig platform lamp, 1963
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_433
PLACENAME
Duncraig
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
24 May 1963
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
Stations UK222/4
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27157
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
shelter
Duncraig platform lamp, 1963

Some 13 kilometres before the terminus on the Kyle of Lochalsh line, Duncraig Station was opened on 2 November 1897 as a private platform for Duncraig Castle. It was opened to the public on 23 May 1949 until it closed on 7 December 1964. It was reopened in 1976.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Duncraig platform lamp, 1963

ROSS: Lochalsh

1960s

Highland Railway; HR; railways; shelter;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Some 13 kilometres before the terminus on the Kyle of Lochalsh line, Duncraig Station was opened on 2 November 1897 as a private platform for Duncraig Castle. It was opened to the public on 23 May 1949 until it closed on 7 December 1964. It was reopened in 1976.