Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Looking north at Dunkeld Station, 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_440
PLACENAME
Dunkeld
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Dunkeld and Dowally
DATE OF IMAGE
15 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
Stations UK 147/19
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27164
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
footbridge
goods shed
HRS
Looking north at Dunkeld Station, 1960

This photograph looks north at Dunkeld Station from the rear of a train.

Dunkeld (originally Birnam) was opened on 7 April 1856. 24 kilometres north of Perth it was the temporary terminus for seven years until the line was extended to Pitlochry.

The Perth & Dunkeld Railway obtained its Act of Parliament on 10 July 1854 for a line between Stanley Junction and Birnam, on the opposite side of the Tay to Dunkeld. The station was first served by the Scottish Midland Railway and then the Scottish North Eastern Railway before becoming part of the Highland Railway.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Looking north at Dunkeld Station, 1960

PERTH: Dunkeld and Dowally

1960s

Highland Railway; HR; railways; footbridge; goods shed;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph looks north at Dunkeld Station from the rear of a train. <br /> <br /> Dunkeld (originally Birnam) was opened on 7 April 1856. 24 kilometres north of Perth it was the temporary terminus for seven years until the line was extended to Pitlochry.<br /> <br /> The Perth & Dunkeld Railway obtained its Act of Parliament on 10 July 1854 for a line between Stanley Junction and Birnam, on the opposite side of the Tay to Dunkeld. The station was first served by the Scottish Midland Railway and then the Scottish North Eastern Railway before becoming part of the Highland Railway.