Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Building and platforms at Dunkeld Station, from north end, c1912
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_443
PLACENAME
Dunkeld
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Dunkeld and Dowally
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1912
PERIOD
c1900s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27166
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
footbridge
canopy
HRS
Building and platforms at Dunkeld Station, from north end, c1912

This photograph shows the building and platforms at Dunkeld Station, from the north end.

Dunkeld (originally Birnam) was opened on 7 April 1856. 24 kilometres north of Perth it was the temporary terminus for seven years until the line was extended to Pitlochry.

The Perth & Dunkeld Railway obtained its Act of Parliament on 10 July 1854 for a line between Stanley Junction and Birnam, on the opposite side of the Tay to Dunkeld. The station was first served by the Scottish Midland Railway and then the Scottish North Eastern Railway before becoming part of the Highland Railway.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Building and platforms at Dunkeld Station, from north end, c1912

PERTH: Dunkeld and Dowally

c1900s

Highland Railway; HR; railways; footbridge; canopy; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the building and platforms at Dunkeld Station, from the north end. <br /> <br /> Dunkeld (originally Birnam) was opened on 7 April 1856. 24 kilometres north of Perth it was the temporary terminus for seven years until the line was extended to Pitlochry.<br /> <br /> The Perth & Dunkeld Railway obtained its Act of Parliament on 10 July 1854 for a line between Stanley Junction and Birnam, on the opposite side of the Tay to Dunkeld. The station was first served by the Scottish Midland Railway and then the Scottish North Eastern Railway before becoming part of the Highland Railway.