Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
View of main station buildings at Dunkeld
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_449
PLACENAME
Dunkeld
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Dunkeld and Dowally
CREATOR
A G Ellis
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27172
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
View of main station buildings at Dunkeld

The main station buildings from the down platform at Dunkeld.

Dunkeld (originally Birnam) was opened on 7 April 1856. 24 kilometres north of Perth it was the temporary terminus for seven years until the line was extended to Pitlochry.

The Perth & Dunkeld Railway obtained its Act of Parliament on 10 July 1854 for a line between Stanley Junction and Birnam, on the opposite side of the Tay to Dunkeld. The station was first served by the Scottish Midland Railway and then the Scottish North Eastern Railway before becoming part of the Highland Railway.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

View of main station buildings at Dunkeld

PERTH: Dunkeld and Dowally

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

The main station buildings from the down platform at Dunkeld.<br /> <br /> Dunkeld (originally Birnam) was opened on 7 April 1856. 24 kilometres north of Perth it was the temporary terminus for seven years until the line was extended to Pitlochry.<br /> <br /> The Perth & Dunkeld Railway obtained its Act of Parliament on 10 July 1854 for a line between Stanley Junction and Birnam, on the opposite side of the Tay to Dunkeld. The station was first served by the Scottish Midland Railway and then the Scottish North Eastern Railway before becoming part of the Highland Railway.