Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Inscribed stone on north side of viaduct at Dunphail
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_455
PLACENAME
Dunphail
DISTRICT
Forres
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Edinkillie
DATE OF IMAGE
April 1991
PERIOD
1990s
CREATOR
K Fenwick 206/19
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27178
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Inscribed stone on north side of viaduct at Dunphail

This photograph shows an inscribed stone on the north side parapet of Dunphail viaduct.

The inscription reads:- Inverness and Perth Junction Railway. The first turf of this railway was cut by the Right Honourable the Countess of Seafield 17th October 1861 and the line was completed and formally opened on the 9th September 1863. The Foundation stone of this viaduct was laid by Lady Elma Bruce on the 29th October 1861 and works were completed on 3rd August 1863. Contractor George Meakin, Birkenhead. Inspector John Maylap Forbes

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Inscribed stone on north side of viaduct at Dunphail

MORAYSHIRE: Edinkillie

1990s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows an inscribed stone on the north side parapet of Dunphail viaduct.<br /> <br /> The inscription reads:- Inverness and Perth Junction Railway. The first turf of this railway was cut by the Right Honourable the Countess of Seafield 17th October 1861 and the line was completed and formally opened on the 9th September 1863. The Foundation stone of this viaduct was laid by Lady Elma Bruce on the 29th October 1861 and works were completed on 3rd August 1863. Contractor George Meakin, Birkenhead. Inspector John Maylap Forbes