Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Original station building at Dunrobin
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_460
PLACENAME
Dunrobin Station
DISTRICT
Golspie, Rogart and Lairg
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Golspie
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27183
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Original station building at Dunrobin

This photograph shows a view, from the south, of Dunrobin Station as a whole with the original building, signal box and shed.

The Duke of Sutherland funded much of the construction of the line between Golspie and Helmsdale. Dunrobin was a private station for the Duke's ancestral home and picked up and set down passengers by request. The original station was rebuilt in 1902 to the design of the estate architect. The station opened in November 1870 and closed on 29 November 1965. It was reopened, experimentally, as Dunrobin, on 30 June 1985 and is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Original station building at Dunrobin

SUTHERLAND: Golspie

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows a view, from the south, of Dunrobin Station as a whole with the original building, signal box and shed. <br /> <br /> The Duke of Sutherland funded much of the construction of the line between Golspie and Helmsdale. Dunrobin was a private station for the Duke's ancestral home and picked up and set down passengers by request. The original station was rebuilt in 1902 to the design of the estate architect. The station opened in November 1870 and closed on 29 November 1965. It was reopened, experimentally, as Dunrobin, on 30 June 1985 and is still open.