Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dunrobin Station during its period of closure
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_467
PLACENAME
Dunrobin Station
DISTRICT
Golspie, Rogart and Lairg
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Golspie
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27190
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Dunrobin Station during its period of closure

A general view of Dunrobin Station building during its period of closure.

The Duke of Sutherland funded much of the construction of the line between Golspie and Helmsdale. Dunrobin was a private station for the Duke's ancestral home and picked up and set down passengers by request. The original station was rebuilt in 1902 to the design of the estate architect. The station opened in November 1870 and closed on 29 November 1965. It was reopened, experimentally, as Dunrobin on 30 June 1985 and is still open.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dunrobin Station during its period of closure

SUTHERLAND: Golspie

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A general view of Dunrobin Station building during its period of closure.<br /> <br /> The Duke of Sutherland funded much of the construction of the line between Golspie and Helmsdale. Dunrobin was a private station for the Duke's ancestral home and picked up and set down passengers by request. The original station was rebuilt in 1902 to the design of the estate architect. The station opened in November 1870 and closed on 29 November 1965. It was reopened, experimentally, as Dunrobin on 30 June 1985 and is still open.