Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Exterior of new station building at Elgin, 1990
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_479
PLACENAME
Elgin
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
22 May 1990
PERIOD
1990s
CREATOR
L McAllan
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27201
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Exterior of new station building at Elgin, 1990

Exterior of Elgin's new station building shortly after completion in 1990.

Elgin Station opened on 25 March 1858 and, after Inverness, was the largest town on the Highland network. The GNSR reached Elgin in February 1862 and their line, the Strathspey Railway, eventually reached the Highland Main Line at Boat of Garten. The latter part of the 19th Century was one of bitter wrangling and legal battles between the HR and GNSR.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Exterior of new station building at Elgin, 1990

MORAYSHIRE

1990s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Exterior of Elgin's new station building shortly after completion in 1990.<br /> <br /> Elgin Station opened on 25 March 1858 and, after Inverness, was the largest town on the Highland network. The GNSR reached Elgin in February 1862 and their line, the Strathspey Railway, eventually reached the Highland Main Line at Boat of Garten. The latter part of the 19th Century was one of bitter wrangling and legal battles between the HR and GNSR.