Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Class 158 in main platform at Elgin
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_488
PLACENAME
Elgin
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27210
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Class 158 in main platform at Elgin

A Class 158 in Elgin's main platform.

The class 158s were introduced between 1989 and 1992 as 2-car express diesel units, with sliding doors, airline seats, and tables.

Elgin Station opened on 25 March 1858 and, after Inverness, was the largest town on the Highland network. The GNSR reached Elgin in February 1862 and their line, the Strathspey Railway, eventually reached the Highland Main Line at Boat of Garten. The latter part of the 19th Century was one of bitter wrangling and legal battles between the HR and GNSR.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Class 158 in main platform at Elgin

MORAYSHIRE

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A Class 158 in Elgin's main platform. <br /> <br /> The class 158s were introduced between 1989 and 1992 as 2-car express diesel units, with sliding doors, airline seats, and tables.<br /> <br /> Elgin Station opened on 25 March 1858 and, after Inverness, was the largest town on the Highland network. The GNSR reached Elgin in February 1862 and their line, the Strathspey Railway, eventually reached the Highland Main Line at Boat of Garten. The latter part of the 19th Century was one of bitter wrangling and legal battles between the HR and GNSR.