Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Platforms and junction signals at Elgin Station, 1937
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_494
PLACENAME
Elgin
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
1937
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
LGRP 7383
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27216
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Platforms and junction signals at Elgin Station, 1937

A view of Elgin station's platforms and junction signals, looking west.

Elgin Station opened on 25 March 1858 and, after Inverness, was the largest town on the Highland network. The GNSR reached Elgin in February 1862 and their line, the Strathspey Railway, eventually reached the Highland Main Line at Boat of Garten. The latter part of the 19th Century was one of bitter wrangling and legal battles between the HR and GNSR.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Platforms and junction signals at Elgin Station, 1937

MORAYSHIRE

1930s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

A view of Elgin station's platforms and junction signals, looking west.<br /> <br /> Elgin Station opened on 25 March 1858 and, after Inverness, was the largest town on the Highland network. The GNSR reached Elgin in February 1862 and their line, the Strathspey Railway, eventually reached the Highland Main Line at Boat of Garten. The latter part of the 19th Century was one of bitter wrangling and legal battles between the HR and GNSR.