Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
General view of Evanton Station showing footbridge
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_499
PLACENAME
Evanton
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kiltearn
CREATOR
Lens
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27220
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways

General view of Evanton Station showing footbridge

This is a general view of Evanton Station, showing the footbridge, Highland Railway signals and part of the goods shed.

Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

General view of Evanton Station showing footbridge

ROSS: Kiltearn

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This is a general view of Evanton Station, showing the footbridge, Highland Railway signals and part of the goods shed. <br /> <br /> Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.