Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Rear of main building at Evanton Station, 1952
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_500
PLACENAME
Evanton
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kiltearn
DATE OF IMAGE
August 1952
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27221
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Rear of main building at Evanton Station, 1952

This photograph shows the rear of main station building at Evanton.

Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Rear of main building at Evanton Station, 1952

ROSS: Kiltearn

1950s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the rear of main station building at Evanton. <br /> <br /> Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.