Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Up side shelter at Evanton Station, 1952
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_501
PLACENAME
Evanton
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kiltearn
DATE OF IMAGE
August 1952
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27222
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Up side shelter at Evanton Station, 1952

This photograph shows the up side shelter at Evanton station.

Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Up side shelter at Evanton Station, 1952

ROSS: Kiltearn

1950s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the up side shelter at Evanton station. <br /> <br /> Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.