Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Evanton Station, 1975
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_502
PLACENAME
Evanton
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kiltearn
DATE OF IMAGE
22 June 1975
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
N D Mundy
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27223
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Evanton Station, 1975

This photograph shows Evanton station just over a decade after it was finally closed.

Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Evanton Station, 1975

ROSS: Kiltearn

1970s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Evanton station just over a decade after it was finally closed.<br /> <br /> Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.