Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Station building and down platform from an up train at Evanton, 1949
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_504
PLACENAME
Evanton
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kiltearn
DATE OF IMAGE
20 August 1949
PERIOD
1940s
CREATOR
J L Stevenson
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27225
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Station building and down platform from an up train at Evanton, 1949

This photograph shows Evanton station building and the down platform from an up train.

Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Station building and down platform from an up train at Evanton, 1949

ROSS: Kiltearn

1940s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Evanton station building and the down platform from an up train. <br /> <br /> Originally called 'Nivar' this station, about 28 kilometres north of Inverness, opened on 23 May 1863. It was renamed 'Evanton' on 1 June 1937. It closed to passengers on 13 June 1960 and finally to goods traffic on 2 November 1964.