Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Fort Augustus Station c1930
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_573
PLACENAME
Fort Augustus
DISTRICT
Aird
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Boleskine and Abertarff
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1930
PERIOD
c1930s
CREATOR
Stations UK RR3A61
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27290
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Fort Augustus Station c1930

Fort Augustus platforms and station building.

The Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway ran from Spean Bridge to Fort Augustus, via Invergarry. It was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate the line between July 1903 and May 1907.

The line closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947. Fort Augustus station opened on 22 July 1904.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Fort Augustus Station c1930

INVERNESS: Boleskine and Abertarff

c1930s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Fort Augustus platforms and station building. <br /> <br /> The Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway ran from Spean Bridge to Fort Augustus, via Invergarry. It was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate the line between July 1903 and May 1907. <br /> <br /> The line closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947. Fort Augustus station opened on 22 July 1904.