Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Fort Augustus Pier Station, c1906
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_574
PLACENAME
Fort Augustus
DISTRICT
Aird
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Boleskine and Abertarff
DATE OF IMAGE
c.1906
PERIOD
1900s
CREATOR
Stations UK H13331
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27291
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
HRS
Fort Augustus Pier Station, c1906

This photograph shows Fort Augustus Pier Station. Part of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway, this station's existence was very short-lived, opening on 22 July 1904 and closing on 1 October 1906.

The Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway ran from Spean Bridge to Fort Augustus, via Invergarry. It was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate the line between July 1903 and May 1907.

The line closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Fort Augustus Pier Station, c1906

INVERNESS: Boleskine and Abertarff

1900s

Highland Railway; HR; railways;; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows Fort Augustus Pier Station. Part of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway, this station's existence was very short-lived, opening on 22 July 1904 and closing on 1 October 1906.<br /> <br /> The Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway ran from Spean Bridge to Fort Augustus, via Invergarry. It was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate the line between July 1903 and May 1907. <br /> <br /> The line closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947.