Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Fort George Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_577
PLACENAME
Fort George
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Ardersier
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
27293
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
HR
railways
Fort George Station

Fort George station building.

Fort George was at the end of a short (2.5 km) branch line north from the Inverness - Nairn line. It opened on 1 July 1899 and closed to passengers on 5 April 1943 Goods and occasional military specials continued until 11 August 1958.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Fort George Station

INVERNESS: Ardersier

Highland Railway; HR; railways;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Fort George station building. <br /> <br /> Fort George was at the end of a short (2.5 km) branch line north from the Inverness - Nairn line. It opened on 1 July 1899 and closed to passengers on 5 April 1943 Goods and occasional military specials continued until 11 August 1958.